Apache Zeppelin Release 0.6.2
The Apache Zeppelin community is pleased to announce the availability of the 0.6.2 release.
The community put significant effort into improving Apache Zeppelin since the last release, focusing on better support for Spark 2.0 and bug fixes. 26 contributors provided 40+ patches for improvements and bug fixes. 40 issues have been resolved.
- Spark interpreter binary is compatible with Spark 1.6/Scala 2.10 and Spark 2.0/Scala 2.11 without rebuild
- Note storage aware of user on sync
- Provide shiro password encryption function using hadoop commons Credential apis and jceks
- Add new Shiro Realm for ZeppelinHub
- Notebook versioning in ZeppelinHub Repo
- Adding dependency via SPARK_SUBMIT_OPTIONS doesn't work with Spark 2.0.0
- Environment variable in interpreter setting doesn't take effect
- Fix UDF with Spark 2.0.0
- z.show() doesn't work
- SparkInterpreter doesn't work with Spark2 of HDP 2.5
- Make %dep work for spark 2.0.0 when SPARK_HOME is not defined
- Display long integer in abbreviated format on scatterChart/stackedAreaChart
- The graph legend truncates at the nearest period(.) in its grouping
- Lambda expressions are not working on CDH 5.7.x Spark
- There are two implementation of R/SparkR interpreter in Zeppelin. R interpreter built via
-Pris not tested with Spark 2.0. R interpreter users are recommended to build Zeppelin with
You can visit issue tracker for full list of issues being resolved.
This release would not be possible without the following community members' contributions:
Jeff Zhang, Mina Lee, Kavin, Renjith Kamath, Damien CORNEAU, Lee moon soo, Anthony Corbacho, astroshim, Luciano Resende, CloverHearts, AhyoungRyu, Prabhjyot Singh, rajarajan-g, rawkintrevo, vensant, Daniel Jeon, Jun, Khalid Huseynov, Liu Xiang, Naveen Subramanian, Peilin Yang, Randy Gelhausen, Rohit Choudhary, Steven Han, Vitaly Polonetsky, meenakshisekark
The following people helped verifying this release:
Anthony Corbacho, Jeff Zhang, Ahyoung Ryu, Victor Manuel Garcia, Hyung Sung Shim, Prabhjyot Singh, moon soo Lee, CloverHearts, DuyHai Doan, Felix Cheung, Luciano Resende, rohit choudhary, Mina Lee, shivani firodiya