Manual upgrade procedure for Zeppelin
Basically, newer version of Zeppelin works with previous version notebook directory and configurations.
conf directory should be enough.
- Stop Zeppelin:
- Copy your
confdirectory into a backup directory
- Download newer version of Zeppelin and Install. See Install Guide.
- Copy backup
confdirectory into newer version of Zeppelin
- Start Zeppelin:
Breaking changes in 0.8.x
From 0.8, Zeppelin has a new type of permission - Runners
As Runners list is empty in note so everybody can view note although Readers list is not empty.
To set all your "writers" to "runners":
conf directories to 0.8.0,
2. Move directory docs/assets/themes/zeppelin/note/FixReaders to new
3. Start the new Zeppelin and run note System/Migrate from 0.7.
Upgrading from Zeppelin 0.7 to 0.8
- From 0.8, we recommend to use
zeppelin.pyspark.pythononly effects driver. You can use
PYSPARK_DRIVER_PYTHONas using them in spark.
- From 0.8, depending on your device, the keyboard shortcut
Command-Lwhich goes to the line somewhere user wants is not supported.
Upgrading from Zeppelin 0.6 to 0.7
- From 0.7, we don't use
ZEPPELIN_JAVA_OPTSas default value of
ZEPPELIN_INTP_JAVA_OPTSand also the same for
ZEPPELIN_INTP_MEM. If user want to configure the jvm opts of interpreter process, please set
ZEPPELIN_INTP_MEMexplicitly. If you don't set
ZEPPELIN_INTP_MEM, Zeppelin will set it to
-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512mby default.
- Mapping from
%prefixis no longer available. Instead, you can use %[interpreter alias] with multiple interpreter setttings on GUI.
- Usage of
ZEPPELIN_PORTis not supported in ssl mode. Instead use
ZEPPELIN_SSL_PORTto configure the ssl port. Value from
ZEPPELIN_PORTis used only when
ZEPPELIN_SSLis set to
- The support on Spark 1.1.x to 1.3.x is deprecated.
- From 0.7, we uses
markdown.parser.typeoption for the
%mdinterpreter. Rendered markdown might be different from what you expected
- From 0.7 note.json format has been changed to support multiple outputs in a paragraph. Zeppelin will automatically convert old format to new format. 0.6 or lower version can read new note.json format but output will not be displayed. For the detail, see ZEPPELIN-212 and pull request.
- From 0.7 note storage layer will utilize
GitNotebookRepoby default instead of
VFSNotebookRepostorage layer, which is an extension of latter one with versioning capabilities on top of it.